Our monthly round-up features design news highlights from the month, and a list of upcoming competitions and events.
ADCT Guest Speaker, Kam Mak – February 21st
Kam Mak is a world-class illustrator, and he’s coming to Tulsa. His awards list is unreal, his experience is extensive. Come hear his story. Social starts 6:30 at Living Arts.
Other February Events
First Friday Art Crawl_Febrary 1st, 6-9 pm. The Brady District’s monthly event continues. Galleries in the area open for the public to explore, including ongoing demonstrations at the Tulsa Glassblowing School.
TAC Gallery Show Opening _February 1st, 6-9 pm. ’The Moment of Risk,’ by Daniel Gulick and Brian Hampton. Runs through February 23rd.
Transitory Spaces & Temple Hives Show Opening_February 1st, 6-9 pm. Large-scale installations that you can interact with. Part of the New Genre Arts Festival, running at Living Arts until March 2nd.
Fission:Fussion_February 2nd, 8 pm. This one-night only show brings in 11 artists from around the country in a presentation of contemporary performance pieces. At Living Arts.
Philbrook Second Saturday_February 9th. Free museum admission along with family friendly, hands-on art-making projects on the second Saturday of each month.
Moveable Type Truck_February 26th outside Letterpress Tulsa. An afternoon of DIY printing! Kyle Durrie is a print maker who takes her mobile presses on the road, cross-country style.
CMYK Magazine Pro Showcase & Top 100 New Creative Contests_Entries Due February 4 and February 25th
Print Magazine Regional Design Annual_Entries Due March 1
Articles and News from January
- Leon Russell supports Tulsa’s plans for a pop culture museum
- Grand Central Station turns 100
- American Airlines unveiled their rebrand
- VH1 is rebranded by Gretel
- Twitter introduced a new video embedding app, Vine
- ADCT is looking for Board Members for the 2013-2014 season! If you would like to receive more information, please send your email address to email@example.com or via Facebook message. An online form is coming soon.
If we miss an event or some big design/art news, feel free to call us on it. Just comment below!