Our monthly round-up features design news & highlights from the past month, along with a list of upcoming competitions and events.
ADCT Guest Speaker, Kit Hinrichs – March 28th
Kit Hinrichs founded Studio Hinrichs in October 2009, following 23 years as a partner of the international design firm, Pentagram. Prior to that, he was a partner in the design consultancy Jonson, Pedersen, Hinrichs & Shakery. Over the past few decades, Kit has been an influential force in graphic design.
Other March Events
Fab Lab Tulsa 3D printing Presentation_March 5th, 6 pm. If you’re interested in all things 3D printer related or want to learn more, you’ll want to attend Fab Lab Tulsa’s 3D Printing Presentation
Tulsa Art Studio Preview Exhibition_March 7th, 6-8 pm. Get a preview of the art featured on this year’s Tulsa Art Studio Tour. The exhibition is at Circle Cinema until April 17th. Opening night tickets are $5 in advance, $10 at the door.
Philbrook Second Saturday_March 9th. Free museum admission along with family friendly, hands-on art-making projects on the second Saturday of each month.
Monoprint Class_March 16-April 20 at the Zarrow Center. Classes will be offered once a month on the 3rd Saturday of each month for beginners to experienced printmakers.
CMYK Magazine Pro Showcase #56_Entries Due March 25th
Comunication Arts_Photography Edition, Entries due March 15
OVAC’s Annual Photo Slam_Entries due March 22
Worldstudio AIGA Scholarship_Deadline March 29
Justified: AIGA Annual Design Competition_Deadline April 3
Articles and News from February
- AIGA Awards 8 Medals to designers including one for John Bielenberg, who was an ADCT guest last fall.
- Adobe released a new version of Photoshop Touch, optimized for smart phones.
- Brady Craft Alliance reopens as 108 Contemporary.
- OKC’s CityArtCenter rebrand the focus of ‘Brand New’ blog.
- Pantone is celebrating it’s 50th Anniversary with special edition publications.
- ADCT is looking for Board Members for the 2013-2014 season! If you would like to receive more information, please send your email address to firstname.lastname@example.org or via Facebook message. An online form is coming soon.
If we miss an event or some big design/art news, feel free to call us on it. Just comment below!